Monday, February 21, 2011

Anasazi Dream


This is a special “first” piece for me. It was my first class, at my first ANG National Seminar that I attended in Tuscon, Arizona in 2006. I was so excited to be able to go and experience all these national teachers that I had not been able to take classes from before. This class was designed and taught by Carole Lake. Although the piece was not my favorite colors, I still liked the design and thought it would be a good experience. I learned how to do a Double Fan Doubled in this class and boy was that a challenge at first.


I didn’t really know what to expect in these classes because I had only attended Spirit of Cross Stitch Festivals in the mid 90’s and they only had classes that were for about 3 hours at the longest. This class was two days. It was an awesome class and seminars are a great experience. I have only missed the Baltimore seminar since then. I came home and had this along with three other pieces from that seminar done by mid-January.
You can find information on Carole Lake and her pieces on her website at http://carolelake.com/index.html. She teaches nationally along with teaching some Cyber classes.

You can find information on ANG National Seminars on the ANG website at http://www.needlepoint.org/index.php. The seminars move around each year to a different region.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful piece & great story of your first class! I didn't know what to expect either. And, like you, was thrilled to meet the folks you see & hear so much about. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete