Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mediterranean Squares





I am excited to say that I have completed my first finish of 2010. I was able to pilot stitch Mediterranean Squares designed by Terry Dryden. I wasn't sure about the piece at first because it was not colors that I cared for. I decided to do it anyway and to force myself to work outside of my comfort zone. Boy am I glad that I did this. This piece was hard to put down and now I don't mind the colors at all. There are also a few threads used in this piece that I hadn't used before and just fell in love with them.



I didn't work on it for about six weeks while I was working with my daughters class and teaching them to needlepoint, but the minute I was done with the class, I was back working on it.


Thank you Terry for such a fun piece that I can put in my collection.


5 comments:

  1. Very interesting as there is so much to look at. How many different stitches & tyes of threads did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful piece. Great job and I understand about working out of your comfort zone. I am doing that right now with some different threads. Thanks for sharing

    Sue VanderNoor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Candy! I am so close to finishing mine too. I am loving the piece and you are right, it is hard to put down. I should have mine done in a few weeks. I'm not the speed stitcher that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy - Am jealous! Love the piece! Wish I could have done it also. Should have know Elizabeth was doing it too! Shoot!

    It's a real accomplishment for your first 2010 piece! Way to go.

    Penny B

    ReplyDelete